Last Minute Beauty Gift Guide

The Beauty Junkie:

If you're anything like me you've left the largest amount of your Christmas shopping for the last-minute. As much as I love creating lists of what to get to each of my beloved ones, unfortunately, they never come to fruition.What really happens is I end up running around the streets on those few stressful days before the big day, trying to juggle present buying and food buying. Oh and I've got a  New Year's Eve outfit to find as well (cue panic attack). Where's a paper bag? I need some air over here!
So I've been thinking a lot about presents these days, I guess, and I realised that at this point it's much less stressful to get someone a gift that you know will work. Don't experiment too much. Go with the safest choice. I mean you're supposed to have fun over the holidays, too! (However, being the perfectionist that I am, I might end up brushing away my own advice at the end. Although, I'll try not to because I know that if I do I'll end up giving everyone I know a sad, last-minute present or rushed and ugly DIY gift.)
I'm starting then this series with some present ideas for those people around us who are obsessed with beauty, are avid Youtube beauty vlogs watchers and beauty blog readers. Let's hope the below will do the trick.
  • A lipstick is always a good idea. Think about what they like, if they've ever mentioned something they would love to have (this goes for all other gifts as well). A luxurious one that they'd hesitate to buy themselves will leave them extremely grateful. I mean what better suits the holiday season than a beautifully packaged Tom Ford lipstick? If you're uncertain on which one to choose, a classic, matte red Mac lipstick like Ruby Woo will be surely appreciated and used, even from day one.
  • A perfume. This one's a bit more tricky. I guess you have to know the person and find the one that suits their tastes best. I love (and have purchased myself) the new Black Opium EDT by YSL. It's sweet, but not too much, musky and slightly fruity and I just love the coffee notes on its base. Another one I've been hearing great things about and which comes in a festive packaging as well, is "My Burberry". This one's more fresh and florally. Just go take a whiff of those and other scents at your local perfumery and I'm sure you'll leave with a significantly shorter "presents-I've-still-got-to-buy-kill-me-now" list.
  • Some people, of course, prefer other sorts of beauty. They like to do as the French and pay more attention to the skin that's underneath than what you put on top of it. For those, a set of quality skincare products whatever the price-point, is sure to make them smile. I always do some research online beforehand on sites like this to make sure I know what I'm buying.
  • But what about the girls, women and anyone really who is all about the eyes? Well then, help them enhance them! Get them the latest cult mascara, a set for creating the perfect smoky eye, an envy-inducing eyeshadow palette. This category is honestly the easiest for any budget. 
  • I myself, however, would love to indulge in something like this Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette . I mean, it's so beautiful I drool over my laptop anytime I look at it. But alas, its price is not for the faint-hearted. Blushes (I love this one) and shimmery highlighters aside, a great contour palette is a great option (for anyone really) especially for those who love a pair of nicely chiseled cheekbones. 
  • And if someone is just starting to get into makeup, a good set of brushes will make a great present. They'll be thinking of you every time they'll be buffing in their foundation.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Follow