April Favourites


I honestly cannot believe that April is almost over and that May is upon us. Time does fly by much quicker for my liking. I'm only comforted by the fact that most people feel the same way. Other than that, it's been a good month. Spring arrived in full force with it. A little bit of travelling took place, I got into wearing lighter hues again, I discovered some great series. 

Here's then what I've loved this April.




Leather Jacket, ripped jeans, Spring dressing, white trainers, spot treatment, sephora concealer, bronze maybelline eyeshadow
1. Gestuz Leather Jacket, 2.Topshop Leigh Jeans, 3.Reebok Classic Trainers, 4.La Roche Posay Duo, 5.Sephora Concealer, 6.Maybelline Eyeshadow



1. Let me start by saying that at the beginning of this year, I was worried that Ι wouldn't manage to wear the light blue faux leather jacket from Zara enough. I'd bought it last year around this time, and it was not the cheapest faux biker. After buying it, it got scalding hot, fast, and it was destined to remain in my wardrobe for quite a while. In the autumn, I got it out again but was afraid of ruining it with the rain. To be honest, I felt like wearing darker colours and light blue did not cut it.
Since I got it out again, over a month ago, I've been wearing it day in and day out. It's the perfect thickness to throw on when it's getting windy or chilly at night. It brightens up any outfit and adds an unexpected element too. I haven't seen many people wearing a jacket this bright no matter what the trend reports from the runways tell you.

2. Alongside my jacket, I've invariably been wearing my Topshop ripped jeans. My black jeans were not cutting it anymore. The sun was hitting them and I was on the verge of becoming a reluctant walking oven. The rips allow my skin to breathe and the light colour means that it reflects a good amount of the sun rays. It's clearly a win-win.

3. This month also arrived the trainers I had ordered from Amazon. They're a pair of Reebok Classic Leather white trainers and since I got them, I have been wearing nothing else. No regrets here. I had such a long time to wear shoes that comfortable and my feet are thankful for it. Granted, they're not like a pair of light-weight running shoes, but they are still amazing. I wanted a pair of white trainers for a long time but I knew that I didn't want to buy any Stan Smiths or Superstars. The world has seen enough of those. These, I love, and they just fit my personal style much better. They're slightly chunky and they carry with them a trace of the 90's, which I love.
Let's move on to makeup and skincare then. This month, there were some products that really deserved the golden star for me.

4. Firstly, there's the La Roche Posay Duo (you can buy it here) . I cannot say enough good things about this product. I've always battled with some breakouts and there are always a few red spots somewhere on my face. Now, I don't now exactly if this product is meant to help active spots as wells as marks, but for me, it appears to help with both. I've been putting a small amount of it, all over my face, day and night before my moisturiser. The result is that my face looks a lot smoother, my spots calmer and me happier in general.

5. However, there are always those spots and marks whose redness lingers and you know what? A girl's just got to cover them. Since I'm not a huge fan of wearing foundation all over, I usually tend to use a concealer, just where I need it. I discovered the new Sephora concealer (it's new isn't it?) at the beginning of this month and I have only good things to say about it. Now, I'm not a makeup expert, but I can't find anything wrong with it. I especially love the colour range that it comes with. Most people will be able to find a colour that suits their skin tone. I use a tiny amount for my spots and blend it so that it melts into the skin around them. I also use some around my nose where I usually suffer from some redness. I'm not sure however on how good it would be under the eye area. It's such a high coverage that I tend to avoid it for fear of it caking. Expert makeup wearers might have techniques to make it work but I cannot attest to that.

6. I've also started wearing a sweep of Maybelline's On and On Bronze on my eyelids. It just adds a bit of colour and shimmer and most importantly it makes the eyeshadows I might fancy wearing on top, last much longer on my oily eyelids. It's no wonder it's such a cult product.

Lastly, but definitely not least, I want to talk to you about some of the series I've loved this month. I don't have much time to watch many series (and trust me, there are many that are on my watchlist) but I managed to watch a bit of a good old telly during my down time.

My friends and I started watching the History Channel's "Vikings". I got hooked. It's so interesting to learn some more things about a culture that I never knew much about. I know they're not always accurate but it has woken the history geek in me to find out more things about this subject. I also love that all the characters are in my opinion at least, well-rounded and developed. They all have their flaws and their qualities, their strengths and weaknesses. Plus, all the women are incredibly tough and each one in her way. My favourite one is Lagertha of course. She is just brilliant.

Then, I also watched the new BBC production, "The Night Manager". I loved it. From excellent acting to brilliant sets, to a thought-provoking storyline, they all came together to produce a masterpiece television programme. It's with series like these that you truly understand how far the "small screen" has gone. I was particularly struck, by how current the issues it was dealing with were, and how refreshingly critical of what's going on behind the closed doors of those who are supposed to be protecting the world and working toward world peace. It's only six episodes so I urge everyone to give it a go.

These then, are all the things I've love this month. There were much more, like eating ice cream and having driving lessons, but I'm sure you must be sick of me by now -if you've made it this far, that is. Thank you then:, you're my favourite too!
I'm super curious, though. What did you love this month? Let me know in the comments below!
Hope you have a great day!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Follow