Link Love: Shakespeare and Berries

Shakespeare, Makeup, Fashion and Food

Happy Sunday!

I hope you've had a wonderful week! Mine had been pretty uneventful: doctors' appointments, French, and work. As per usual, it went by extremely fast for my liking. I never feel like I've got enough time to do all the things I should and would like to do. 
Now, the dreaded word *procrastination* rings in my ears, a reminder that there's always more time to be found. I plead guilty.
Well, seeing as I spend that much time procrastinating, I thought the least I could do, was share some of the articles and other enjoyable links that grabbed my attention this week.
Please share some of your own and let's procrastinate together!




Yesterday marked the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare's death, and the internet was buzzing of articles about the great poet and playwright. As an English literature graduate, I couldn't stay unaffected. Here's a quote from the article: 
    Shakespeare is the embodiment worldwide of a creative achievement that does not remain within narrow boundaries of the nation-state or lend itself to the secure possession of a particular faction or speak only for this or that chosen group. He is the antithesis of intolerant provinciality and fanaticism. He could make with effortless grace the leap from Stratford to Kabul, from English to Dari.   

We're moving into a much more digital age but for me, it seems almost impossible that the younger generations find the traditional websites format irrelevant. And yet, a part of me realises that it's only natural given the popularity of the social media apps that offer info in quick, visual and catchy ways.

Lisa Eldridge is one of the only makeup artists who can do no wrong in my eyes. I love watching her makeup tutorials which always offer gems of makeup wisdom and of course beautiful results. I love how obvious her passion about makeup is and how much knowledge she has on the subject.  Check this one out, especially of you love learning about cultures, their differences and the way they can be visually expressed. 

Anyone who knows me at all, knows I'm a sweet tooth through and through. I even occasionally, enjoy having dessert instead of dinner. I mean, I would feel guilty, but it's one of the only things that don't. When I'm not gulping sweets down, I might be found making them for others. The baking process sometimes satisfies me more than eating the pudding. And for that, I am almost ashamed. This recipe ticks all the boxes for me: it presents a baking challenge and a mouthwatering result, perfect for spring. I'll let you know how it turned out.

Cleaning up and streamlining my wardrobe has been on my mind me a lot lately. Yes, I too, am dreaming of the beautiful clean-looking wardrobes of Pinterest, the ones that make mine seem like a living breathing "Marie Kondo" nightmare. I feel like this advice, is going to get me to buy new hangers and learn how to fold properly. Plus, Amelia's articles are always such fun reads!


Well, I do believe that this was the end of this list. I've loved many other links I'm sure, but right now they seem to have escaped my memory, my brain, and they must have gone somewhere in the south, sunbathing and drinking cocktails. 
I do, however, remember some of the things I've loved using, watching and eating lately so I might be sharing them with you this week. Stay tuned!

Hope you have an amazing day! 





No comments :

Post a Comment

Follow