All White Outfit




Every year, the minute it hits mid-May I always find myself gravitating towards white clothes. While, during winter I love wearing black and even total black looks, as soon as the thermometer indicates that it's over 20 degrees Celcius, I'm just about done with black. "Thank you and goodnight; see you after September or on a rare cold night when I might have to cuddle again into your reassuring arms."

I'm not a bit sad, though. White always proves to be an excellent replacement. It goes with everything and if you have enough white clothes, then you can manage to coordinate your summer wardrobe around them. At least that's what I do.  The white top will become your best friend and the white jeans will replace the black ones you hadn't taken off all winter. Again, the colour- or lack of colour, to be scientific- makes them the epicentre of my summer wardrobe. If paired with other colours they will complement them and make them pop. If worn with other whites, they are sure to make a statement.

All White Outfit - Perfect for Summer! www.theblushfulhippocrene.blogspot.com

All White Outfit - Perfect for Summer! www.theblushfulhippocrene.blogspot.com

All White Outfit - Perfect for Summer! www.theblushfulhippocrene.blogspot.com

All White Outfit - Perfect for Summer! www.theblushfulhippocrene.blogspot.com


Most importantly, however, white clothing keeps me as cool as possible. And I mean cool in both its senses. As long as you manage to keep them unstained (which is a feat of its own, I'm telling you), they can lend an air of nonchalance and je ne sais quoi to the wearer. They will immediately make you think you're Jane Birkin, holidaying in the French Riviera, which could be a good or bad thing depending on your arrogance levels. Either way, the heat levels of my body always thank me while wearing white.

Where does all this talk for white come from you ask? The other day the effects of the sun were starting to get to me. I was sweating and feeling slightly dizzy and when I came home, I immediately hid away my skinny jeans, long sleeved tops and black trousers. Then I scoured my wardrobe for anything white -and thank goodness I have lots of those (see: accumulation over many summers spent under the heat of the Mediterranean sun!) Even just looking at white outfits online or even interiors managed to cool me down. The next day, after having taken such a visual white bath, it was only natural that my outfit was an all-white one.


All White Outfit - Perfect for Summer! www.theblushfulhippocrene.blogspot.com

All White Outfit - Perfect for Summer! www.theblushfulhippocrene.blogspot.com


To be fair, I was hesitant at first. I never thought I could pull something like that of. I'm not that tan, especially in person, and I worried I would not do the outfit justice. In the end, I like to believe that it worked, both visually and practically. The great success and my proudest moment was eating a whole ice-cream (and a cone too!) and not getting a big, embarrassing chocolate stain on my pristine jeans. Hooray!

I definitely urge you to try wearing all-white too. I promise it has the magical power of bringing you one step closer to summer.
 (Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for any stains that might occur. It's the price you've got to pay: a dry-cleaner's bill every week.)

What I'm wearing:

Zara Top (old, similar here), BDG Jeans from Urban Outfitters (old, similar here), Reebok Classic Trainers.

Shop the Post:

No comments :

Post a Comment

Follow