Spring Rain Outfit or "I'm never parting with my black jeans"

Spring rainy day outfit, featuring black jeans, a cream blouse and chunky sandals. www.theblushfulhippocrene.blogspot.com


Last week, I rather proudly claimed I would part with my beloved black jeans until September when the sun wouldn't pose a threat of permanently moulding them onto my skin. Imagine then my annoyance at having to take them out of my wardrobe for a new spin.

Was I annoyed at not being validated by the weather, that summer had arrived for good? Or was it simply that I was feeling like a hypocrite? Well, here I am now, admitting that it was too early to wave those jeans goodbye.




Spring rainy day outfit, featuring black jeans, a cream blouse and chunky sandals. www.theblushfulhippocrene.blogspot.com

Spring rainy day outfit, featuring black jeans, a cream blouse and chunky sandals. www.theblushfulhippocrene.blogspot.com


Because in the midst of a week of beautiful weather, it started raining. I'm not usually vexed by mild weather fluctuations but when it messes up my dressing schedule, I can feel discombobulated. I mean, when I have to leave at seven in the morning, I try to plan my outfits the night before. How very boring of me. But it's the truth, nonetheless.

I woke up then on a fine Wednesday morning to see that the veil of clouds that had descended upon us were looking more ominous by the hour. The temperature, however, would refuse to stoop any lower than 2 or 3 degrees. As a result, the day would soon turn rainy, humid and warm at once, leaving all humans pondering how the fuq they're going to dress for this capricious weather.

For me, the answer was simple. I immediately reached for my black jeans. White ones were not an option unless I wanted to walk around with water stains all day long. No, no, black jeans for me, thank you.


Spring rainy day outfit, featuring black jeans, a cream blouse and chunky sandals. www.theblushfulhippocrene.blogspot.com


Spring rainy day outfit, featuring black jeans, a cream blouse and chunky sandals. www.theblushfulhippocrene.blogspot.com


Topwise, after some careful weighing of the situation, I decided that a t-shirt would be too light; a shirt, too heavy. I could, of course, grab a jacket but I can never be bothered to carry it around with me when it turns out to be hotter than anticipated. In the end, I opted for a sheer, vintage number. I thought it could remind me that it is still spring and that somewhere not too far off bohemian summer nights are waiting for me.

In this line of thinking, I decided to finally take out my last season sandals. Confession time: I love these sandals to bits. A hybrid of the humble gladiator sandal and a chunky black flatform (because I can't handle the white ones RN), they offer the right amount of height, cheekiness, and toughness to any outfit. Last summer these and my Birkenstocks were my only consolation at having been cursed with a poor circulatory system.

Spring rainy day outfit, featuring black jeans, a cream blouse and chunky sandals. www.theblushfulhippocrene.blogspot.com

So there you have it. The thought process of getting dressed by a highly stressed person. If there's one thing to take out of all my rambling, make it this one: Please don't overthink as much as I do when getting dressed. It only seems to lead to IBS.

Blouse: Vintage
Jeans: Pull and Bear (old)
Sandals: Asos (old)

similar ones can be found below:

No comments :

Post a Comment

Follow