Cool Summer Outfit

Denim Cutoffs and a White Tee: The Epitome of Cool

It's very challenging dressing interestingly in the summer; can we just agree on that?
Cool Summer Outfit : A White Tee and Jean Shorts - www.theblushfulhippocrene.blogspot.com

Cool Summer Outfit : A White Tee and Jean Shorts - www.theblushfulhippocrene.blogspot.com


Cool Summer Outfit : A White Tee and Jean Shorts - www.theblushfulhippocrene.blogspot.com

The pictures I'm sharing with you today are an honest depiction of my outfits on most of these last few days. Nothing fancy, frivolous or hell, even well-though out!I'm sorry, but I honestly did try. I opened my wardrobe doors, trying to visualise my hashtag ootd. I even considered wearing my denim culottes. But who was I kidding? It was the briefest thought in the history of all brief and fleeting thoughts. I knew that I had to wear shorts if I were to survive the scorch trials.

Once the denim cutoffs were laid as the foundation of my outfit, I knew I had to go all out and try to make the most of them. To me, that means pairing them with a loose fitting white tee, preferably half-tucked in which has become my go-to way of wearing any top. (Tip: it's great if you're not so tall and you want to elongate your figure but don't want to look too preppy, or office-appropriate by having all of it tucked in.)There's just something about the white tees and cutoffs combo that I've always associated with the uber-cool girls.



Cool Summer Outfit : A White Tee and Jean Shorts - www.theblushfulhippocrene.blogspot.com

Cool Summer Outfit : A White Tee and Jean Shorts - www.theblushfulhippocrene.blogspot.com

Cool Summer Outfit : A White Tee and Jean Shorts - www.theblushfulhippocrene.blogspot.com

 Unfortunately, I'm too school for cool but I though that there's no harm trying to emulate that laid-back way of dressing. In my head, they could have just rolled out of bed and grabbed the first thing they've found lying around in their bedroom. No time to faff around, thinking too much. I'd always admired that: the not overthinking part. It seems to make everything look so much easier and well, just cool! The attitude these girls are oozing with is enough of an accessory to oomph their otherwise "basic" outfits. My thinking behind dressing like that is that maybe I will have some of that coolness passed on to me as if it can be rubbed off on to someone, and the cutoffs have some magical power that I'm unaware of. Wishful thinking? Perhaps it is so. And yet, when I wore this outfit I did feel quite cool if I do say so myself. Who knows? Maybe there's no original, and we're all just simulacra of something that was never there. Ergo, the coolness doesn't really lie with the dresser but with the clothes. Try it for yourself, though. Dress up in the way you deem cool girls to be dressing and see if you don't feel those chill vibes rubbing off on you. Confused? So am I so let's move on.

The outfit demanded me to wear my Converse Chucks. Anything else would defeat its purpose by making appear much more high maintenance than I intended. Yes, my feet were a hot mess, but it was a sacrifice worth making. These trainers more than any other have that cool thing going on, don't they? They always match with anything, which is a huge plus, and you can just chuck them on and be done with it. It makes me wonder if they were named after Chuck Taylor as a pun. Also, wearing them battered is a requirement, if you ask me. They will lose their coolness if they look all fresh and pristine. The death of their rock n' roll vibe will be in your hands so don't say I never warned you!

Cool Summer Outfit : A White Tee and Jean Shorts - www.theblushfulhippocrene.blogspot.com


Cool Summer Outfit : A White Tee and Jean Shorts - www.theblushfulhippocrene.blogspot.com


That's it for today! I'm doing my best to add some interest in my outfits and styling tricks but unless you like the ultra-sweaty look in outfit posts, keeping the clothes light and short must be a priority for me from now on. And yes, we've reached the point in the year where I just want winter to come around so I can easily play around with layering and my favourite chunky knits. But I try not to complain too much. I know many others would love to be in my position. I reckon I just need to take a holiday or go to the beach. The city's heat is starting to get to my head.
What about you? Do you also find it challenging dressing in high temperatures? What do you prefer? Dressing for the summer or the winter? Let me know I'm really curious!



What I'm wearing:
| Bershka Men Tee (not online but similar here) |
| Stradivarius Shorts (old but similar here)  |
| Converse Trainers |
| Urban Outfitters Backpack (old but similar here) |


Cool Summer Outfit : A White Tee and Jean Shorts - www.theblushfulhippocrene.blogspot.com

Cool Summer Outfit : A White Tee and Jean Shorts - www.theblushfulhippocrene.blogspot.com

No comments :

Post a Comment

Follow