The Magic Yellow Bus

The Perfect Holiday Outfit

I'm really sorry for the rarity of posts these last few weeks. Things have been quite slow around here, and a certain drowsiness seems to take over me whenever that happens, dragging me with it in a whirlwind of guilt and procrastination. If I want to be honest with you the rhythm on this blog is probably going to follow a slower pace throughout August as well. I'll try to post outfits and articles, but since I'll be on holiday where the Internet isn't at its best, I can't guarantee they will be as consistent as I'd like them to be.

It also seems that I've reached the inevitable point where the writer's or blogger's block hits and I've felt uninspired and less confident about my work on here. I'm always oscillating between two forces.There's a part of me that pushes me to publish as much as possible and the other part is reminding me that the content can be so much more important. There's also a sneaky third part that tells me I can do all these things at once and is mostly to blame for the guilt that takes over me from time to time. But what about you? Where do you stand on the whole quantity vs quality debate? I'd love to know. I'd also love to hear any recommendations for future posts or what you most like seeing on here. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

In other news, my laptop was on the verge of catching fire. I was actually worried my hands would be burnt off anytime I'd type long texts. I'm glad to report, though, that as of yesterday my laptop is as good as new, and I can now type this very sentence on a normally heated Typepad. Hooray!

Now let's talk a bit about this outfit, shall we? It's another honest representation of my summer wardrobe. It almost never gets more inventive than this. This is why I've stressed the importance of accessories. In this case, with just one brilliant piece of statement jewellery I've managed to add some sophistication and intention to an otherwise simple outfit. The top is also printed which is not common for me but for some reason I gravitated towards this top from the moment I laid my eyes on it. Perhaps it's that it's got just enough black and white in it for me to feel comfortable in it. And it has proven quite versatile. I've worn it with whites, greys, blacks and even reds with an ease I wasn't expecting when I'd first bought it. And where I usually steer clear from yellows and oranges since they make me look like an extra in The Walking Dead, the yellow here is so subtle and away from my face that it offers its luminosity without taking away mine. Hooray again!

I know what you're thinking. You've got a whole yellow bus behind you, and your skin doesn't look that awful. To which I've got two answers: firstly, thank you and secondly, I'm fortunate to have my hair surrounding my face acting like a barrier from the bad influence of the yellow behind me. And trust me, in real life, it was slightly worse. I was brave though and took the pictures anyway. It was too happy a coincidence to find this yellow background on the one day I dared to put some on me as well.

That's all for now. I hope you've had a great week and if you're on holiday, enjoy the sun, the sea, the food, the rain, or whatever else you're having and don't forget your suncream!

xx Maro

Shop the Post:

No comments :

Post a Comment

Follow