Back to School / Uni Outfit | Part 1

Inspiration: What to Wear to School or Uni

Back to School/Uni Outfit Idea

Students everywhere are about to or have already gone back to their school or unis or colleges or classrooms in general! At this point, we can distinguish two types of students. Those who eagerly anticipate the start of the new academic year (who are these people?), and those who refuse to believe that summer’s ended and that there are four full months of classes before Christmas. Talk about a bummer!

Sartorially speaking, we can again distinguish between two types of students. There are also those who have already planned what they’ll be wearing every day of the new semester and those who have been procrastinating and now realise they haven’t bought a new pair of shoes. Even the former group, though, by the time the first month is over, they have fallen into that slump, where even deciding what you’re going to wear for the day seems like an effort.

Personally speaking, dressing up was at times the only thing that managed to get me up at the ungodly hour of 6 am to attend a class I had absolutely no interest in and in which the professor must have decided to run for the award of most dull and unimaginative speech.

So, I know the difference wearing a nice outfit at school and uni can make. I have put together some outfits from my current wardrobe to show you how they can work as back-to-school outfits. I’m sure, though that you can come up with much better outfits by yourself, using your creativity and imagination. No use for fancy and expensive new stuff! One of my biggest regrets is that I wasn’t expressing myself creatively during my school years. I could but I wouldn’t.

My advice it to have fun with your outfits, play around with them, personalise them, don’t fit in the crowd if you don’t want to or blend in if you do. Follow your school/uni’s rules or recommendations if you can.

This post is already making me nostalgic, so I think I’m going to stop now and offer you my interpretations of back to school or back to uni outfits.

Back to School/Uni Outfit Idea
Back to School/Uni Outfit Idea
Back to School/Uni Outfit Idea

Personally, I never felt comfortable and courageous enough to wear shorts at school. As I grew up, though, and went to uni, I realised it wasn't as inappropriate as I was making it out to be, especially when my shorts weren't that short. But for this outfit, I decided to go with my mum jeans which gives the look an extra retro vibe. I love watching the kids today in outfits that they've got no idea how much they resemble the things we wore in the 90's. With all their Air Max and chokers, they've made this trend part of their vernacular. Of course, it's a mix; it's always a mix: Kylie Jenner + hip-hop influences + 90's nostalgia.

My outfit isn't just influenced from the 90's though. I find that this mesh T-shirt is a combination of 90's and 70's aesthetics. Something about the mix of colours and the stripes screams decade of love but the mesh transports it forward in time, in the decade of our childhood. No matter the heritage of this outfit, I can assure you that it'd be perfect for uni. It's comfortable and easy to throw on, and yet it makes a statement. Albeit, not a big one but it pops and it's expressive and fun. When the temperatures drop, I plan on wearing it with a simple khaki or even denim jacket. And when it starts getting quite cool, I can even wear it with my leather jacket and ankle booties. To be honest, I can't wait. I've probably convinced myself a bit too well that autumn is brilliant.

Back to School/Uni Outfit Idea
Back to School/Uni Outfit Idea
Back to School/Uni Outfit Idea

Zara Top (last season) | BDG Mum Jeans via UO (old) | UO Backpack (old) | Converse Chuck Taylor Trainers | Choker (DIY)

Shop the Post:

There are of course more school inspired outfits coming so stay tuned!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Follow