The Outfit Post

Back to School/Uni Outfit | Part 2

Back to School Outfit Inspiration featuring dungarees and off shoulder dress
Back to School Outfit Inspiration featuring dungarees and off shoulder dress
Back to School Outfit Inspiration featuring dungarees and off shoulder dress

Carrying on with outfits that I'd love to wear to school or uni (if I were still a student). In case you missed the last one, it's right here.

This outfit is for the more adventurous girls. Those who aren't afraid to stand out in the school grounds or the lecture rooms. Though, what personally helped me to develop my style during my uni years was the fact that there, you can see so many different styles since the dress code doesn't apply most of the time. I'm sure that this is the case in many schools as well but in mine, there were very few girls who "dared" wear something more original. You know how teendom is: everyone wants to fit in and be part of the collective. But I always respected those who didn't and a part of me always wanted to get to know them better and be more like them.

But no matter what, I'd never wear anything uncomfortable at class. My number one priority was trying to pay attention (yes, nerd alert) and I couldn't see how wearing a suffocating belt would help me. And don't let me start on heels. I never, ever got that. I firmly believe that everyone should dress however they want, but when I saw girls wearing heels in the school yard, I was baffled. How could they walk and run freely, I'd wander. Though, looking back maybe they were just expert heel-wearers when I wasn't even close. So I stuck with trainers, and when I went to uni, I started delving into the block heel sphere. Nothing too high, though.

Dungarees are something I've associated with my childhood. They must have been at their peak then. The fact that this one's white, it makes it more modern and sophisticated. They're baggy enough to leave you room to move around in them. Even my off shoulder dress fitted underneath. It makes the outfit more trendy and current, and I love it. I feared I'd feel self-conscious in it, but it wasn't as risky as I thought. Sometimes you need to wear something to see that it's not such a big deal. But I still wanted to ground it a bit more, and what better way than putting on my white trainers?

That's my version of being a girly tomboy and it's a style I love creating. I guess opposites attract in clothing as well.

Back to School Outfit Inspiration featuring dungarees and off shoulder dress
Back to School Outfit Inspiration featuring dungarees and off shoulder dress
Back to School Outfit Inspiration featuring dungarees and off shoulder dress
Back to School Outfit Inspiration featuring dungarees and off shoulder dress
Back to School Outfit Inspiration featuring dungarees and off shoulder dress
What I'm Wearing:

Zara Off Shoulder Dress (similar here) | H&M White Dungaress (similar here) | Reebok Classic Trainers | UO Backpack (similar here) | Handmade Oval Ring (similar here) | Folli Follie Ring |

No comments :

Post a Comment

Follow