Blue Jeans 2016: Frayed and Panelled

Blue Jeans with Frayed Hem and Dark Panel 2016

Life Update:

Another month has passed, and I honestly have no idea where it went! It’s getting more and more ridiculous by the day, how fast the time is passing and I’m not happy about it. Not one bit. September’s been a weird month for me to say the least. Not difficult but unreal in a way. Have you ever felt that you hadn’t been quite yourself for some time? That you were acting more like an automaton than a human and that you can’t precisely place when this funk you’re feeling started? This is how I’ve been feeling this month. It had its ups and downs.

It started off really well. I was productive and ready to face whatever was coming along with the autumn season. New challenges? “Bring it on”, I’d say. But by the last week I was feeling drained and uninspired. I’m sure you’ve felt that too at some point. If not… should I be worried? Fear not, though! I’m getting out of this funk as we speak. I don’t know, man. Maybe it was the weather. Or maybe the moon was in some of its weird phases. (I’m a Saggitarius. Was it written in the stars that the last week of September would suck as much as it did? Let me know, all you star experts!)

One reason I was feeling a little down is that I’m trying to decide the postgraduate courses I want to apply for next year. Suffice it to say it's proving to be harder than I thought. My biggest problem is that I’m such a perfectionist that I always want to make the “right” choice: the most efficient, realistic, rounded and still appealing choice. And all that, sitting from a place of ignorance. I mean, sometimes it's as if I demand myself to be a prophet: to be able to predict my future and take the path that will most likely guide me to it. Fantastical Beasts might look like a realistic film compared to what I've conjured up in my imagination. In reality, I know I don’t have the total control over my future. And it doesn’t matter. It might even be better that way. And though I know all this in theory, when making decisions the knot in my stomach returns and I clench on it hard and try to bite down the anxieties burning my throat, but there they are, clouding my thoughts and decision-making skills.

So I try to work with my anxieties, but they end up destroying a crucial element of decision making: taking risks or as someone less worried might call it, courage. What’s the saying? “A ship is safe in the harbour, but that’s not what it is made for.” Well, I’m trying hard to follow that advice, but it’s nowhere near easy. The best way I know to stop me from overthinking and overanalyzing to the point where they become utterly redundant, is to set myself a strict time plan for everything I've got to do. "By the end of the day, I’ll have narrowed down my choices to 15. By tomorrow to 10. Or, I’ll do this project in 2 hours." That leaves me no time to procrastinate and lose myself in a sea of worries. It works for me because once I’ve set myself a time period and schedule, I’ll do anything possible to make it in time. It’s the perfectionist part of me I reckon. So that’s where I’m at right now. Trying to work in neat little time boxes again or I’ll get hyper-stressed, and no one wants to see that.

Blue Jeans with Frayed Hem and Dark Panel 2016
Blue Jeans with Frayed Hem and Dark Panel 2016
Blue Jeans with Frayed Hem and Dark Panel 2016
H&M Jeans | Zara Top (old but similar here | Converse All-Star Trainers |

TV Series

That’s enough bleakness for one day. September was a great month in other respects. We watched Stranger Things which was probably the best thing I’ve watched in a while. From the direction to the cinematography, to the acting, and of course the music, everything was on point! I can’t wait to watch the surprises they’ll have in store for the second series!

Fashion Favourites

Fashion Shows

This month was a great month for fashion too. It was hard trying to keep up with all the fashion shows, but I am quite satisfied (by my pace not by the fashion.) It all seems to have gone a bit meh, hasn’t it? Thank god I discovered the Showstudio’s live panel discussions on YouTube, which made me want to pick my brains and think more critically again. I love how you can consider a fashion show like a novel and make a whole analysis around it. It was refreshing to see clear thinking and eloquence in a business that has let me down and feeling disheartened many times before. I’m glad to report that I’m feeling rejuvenated and in love again with thinking and playing with fashion! It's not always about the money! (*she said, the smile of naivety brightening up her face*)

My favourite shows so far are Prada, Margiela, Gucci, Kane, Comme, Loewe but regarding actual things I’d love to wear I’d have to include more. Isabel Marant’s 80’s throwback, and even Topshop Unique for a similar vibe, Celine for what she does best: tapping into a forceful feminine/feminist image. The new Dior might look like Valentino, but it’s still uber-covetable, Chloe has real clothes that you could survive in the summer in the city. Burberry made me start reading Orlando, and that’s about it. Quite liked Vuitton too, but really, I'm no expert so I find things that I like on most shows. Not Yeezy, though. Never Yeezy.

Jeans

What else? My favourite black jeans are back in the rotation, and I couldn’t be happier about it. I’m also loving wearing all black, something I hadn’t been enjoying for a long time. Oh, how the times are changing. Jean-wise, deconstructed and contrast-colour denim must be one of my favourite trends for this season. When I saw this H&M one I'm sporting above, I knew I had to have it. I tried on many others but this one fits like a glove, and the quality is actually spot on. It's finally time to start covering our legs again. Hooray! Can't wait for the ankle-booties appropriate weather to come! And I know many of you would love to have the problem of constant sunshine, but hey, the grass is always greener on the other side, am I right?

Books and Youtube

I’ve also fallen back in love with reading. It’s six months that I’ve finished Uni, and I already miss discussing literature and having to read scary-looking tomes written by white males that I know I’ll hate. It was more fun than I thought in the end. As a result, because I’m an avid YouTube watcher, I’ve been watching much more "booktuber" videos. And even though I’ve always liked sunbeamsjess, but now with her latest book discussion videos, I seem to like her even more. I guess I'm being more nostalgic about my uni years than normal. Biggest weirdo/nerd ever. Nerdo?

That's the roundup of my September then. Sorry for being MIA for the most of it. I'm just trying to figure out the content I want to be publishing on here and trying to keep it as authentic and genuine as I can. I don't want to be filling your feeds with endless shopping lists and wishlists. (Although to be fair, I am always browsing online shops and dreaming of ways to style the items that grasp my attention.) I also love discovering new brands and inconspicuous online shops. I could do a post about them but I since I can't order anything of them right now, I'm not sure how appropriate that would be. I guess I'll have to sleep on it and see how I feel. Definitely tell me what you think or what you'd like to see from me. More outfit posts? More thoughts? More books? Or you might like shopping recommendations, which I can't blame you, I love a good roundup of polo necks as much as the next gal.

On this note, I'm leaving you. I hope you've had an amazing September and that your October is going just as splendidly! Let me know some of the things you loved last month!

xoxox

P.S.: 74 days till Christmas!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Follow