Brands on Instagram: Shoes and Bags

I love Instagram. No matter how much it’s changed since when it was really only about posting pictures and trying to make the most of them, it’s still a platform that allows us to discover creativity in all its forms. You might discover a brilliant photographer; I might find an amazing dancer. Instagram knows what you fancy, and it’s going to hand it to you wholeheartedly. Now, the most popular accounts might be the ones who benefit the most, but I’ve always been trying to hunt down those smaller accounts. They might have nothing in common other than that their numbers don’t have an entourage of zeros.

Especially when it comes to brands, I love discovering new ones that match my aesthetic and that I might have never heard of them had it not been for that platform. Sure, I love following Gucci as much as the next person, but I also love following accounts where you can get a better sense of the people working behind the camera and witnessing the work that goes into making the products. You get a more raw, handmade feeling. I’m sure there are many other even less known brands with inspiring Instagrams out there, but these are the ones that I’ve discovered so far. I’m sure many of you already know some of them, but I hope that in between those, you’ll discover something you haven’t seen before.

Then again, Instagram has also allowed me to discover brands from all over the world. We live in a world where a place we would never have dreamt of travelling to, is literally one click (or one tap) away. I would be lying if I said that I don't love this. Ever since I was a little girl, I loved finding ways to come closer to different cultures, find the common denominators and not the differences. When I see how similar my tastes are to say, someone from California or India, a warm, fuzzy feeling enters my heart, and I feel content. I've always felt like a world citizen, as I'm sure many of us growing up online do, and in my opinion, Instagram manifests that attitude better than any other platform.

I’m thinking of doing more posts like these, so I'm starting today by sharing the bags and shoe brands that have caught my eye and captured my heart on Instagram. I should also mention that my enthusiasm and approval is purely visual since I haven’t tried or bought anything from any of them yet. Still, what a feast for the eyes! Unfortunately, my wishlist keeps growing. Thank god, my birthday and Christmas is coming!

Bags and Leather Goods

Neely & Chloe

Neely & Chloe bags
Neely & Chloe bags
Neely & Chloe bags
Neely & Chloe bags
All pictures are taken from the Neely & Chloe website

If you like simple but effective design for your bags, then this one's for you. Minimalistic and well-crafted, they offer an exciting range of leather bags that you can even personalise, by marking them with your initials! I love seeing all the behind the scene processes on their Instagram and of course all the details of their amazing products!And though, they lack a brick and mortars store; they do pop-ups quite regularly so if you're based in the US, keep an eye out!

Liebeskind Berlin

liebeskind_berlin bag
liebeskind_berlin bag
liebeskind_berlin bag
liebeskind_berlin bag
All pictures are taken from the Liebeskind Berlin website

This one's for all the European girls! I'm sure it's a very well known brand, but still, I'd never heard of it before I discovered it on Instagram and so I thought it deserved a mention. They offer all sorts of bags, in every style and material possible. I'm sure that everyone will find a piece they'll love. I especially love the cool vibes that seem come with their bags. It feels as if you'll instantly transform into an extremely stylish lady once you hold one of their bags. Perhaps it's that unique Berlin DNA that has managed to manifest onto their products so well. Plus, their Instagram is filled with fashionable ladies to inspire you. Right now, I'm completely in love with the art-deco inspired bags (3rd one above) they're carrying!

Are Studio

Are Studio Bags
Are Studio Bags
Are Studio Bags
Are Studio Bags
All pictures are taken from theAre Studio website

Based in LA California, this bags and clothes brand is quintessentially Californian with its minimal and clean aesthetics. Perfect for those who don't like fussing around with their clothes but want a practical and understated bag. They're made locally by small family manufacturers, which is always a plus in my book. I highly recommend checking out their Instagram, no matter if you're from that side of the pond or not. But if you've based in the U.S. all the more reason to have a browse on their site. I've found some great styling ideas on how to wear small bags.

Shoes

Marais USA

Marais USA Shoes
Marais USA Shoes
Marais USA Shoes
Marais USA Shoes
All pictures are taken from theMarais USA website

You must know this brand. I feel like it was on everyone's Instagram feed this past summer. (Unless you had winter then...) If not, let me introduce you to the cutest and most nostalgic shoes ever. No, I'm not exaggerating! They're made in LA, and they're the perfect bridge between a contemporary and a vintage-inspired shoe. Ideal for those of us who have a thing for the past decades but cannot ever find a decent vintage pair of shoes. Their inspiration comes from French icons and French attitudes, which are two things we're always aspiring towards. Am I right? Also, I dare you to look at their Instagram and not wish you were on holidays somewhere warm!

LOQ

LOQ Shoes
LOQ Shoes
LOQ Shoes
LOQ Shoes
All pictures are taken from theLOQ website

Continuing on a similar vain, these shoes are designed in LA but made in Spain. In my mind, that equals eternal summer and beautiful sunsets. No, I've never been to any of those places. Yes, I'm sure I'm idealising. But these shoes give me that image. They are the sandals you would expect a cool Californian woman to be wearing. She's chic and minimal and knows what suits her. Or maybe she loves playing with fashion: trying out new styling tricks, wearing lots of colours, layering everything she can. But when she does, she knows she's got to wear an understated pair of shoes. They are the pillars that hold the outfit together and the people behind this brand seem to know that.

Magro Cardona

Magro Cardona Shoes
Magro Cardona Shoes
Magro Cardona Shoes
Magro Cardona Shoes
All pictures are taken from the Magro Cardona website

Shoes made in Spain. Need I say more? They represent everything I like in a shoe. Simplicity and practicality with a modern and rebel twist. Not too feminine, not too masculine, their shoes find the perfect balance. From velvet flats to edgy Chelsea booties, I'm sure you'll love them as much as I do. So head on over to their Instagram and witness the Spanish flair for footwear with your own eyes!


That's it for now. These are only a few of the brands I've discovered on Instagram. I'm sure I will find much more in the future. Do let me know, though, which ones you loved the most and what others you love that I might not have heard of! I can't wait to flood my feed with beautiful goods!

That's not the end of it, though. I'll be posting some of my favourite jewellery and accessories brands next week, so keep your eyes peeled for that one. Make sure to follow me on Twitter or Bloglovin if you don't want to miss it!


Until then,
Lots of love,
Mary xx

No comments :

Post a Comment

Follow