Christmas Gift Guide: Stocking Fillers

Christmas Gift Guide: Stocking Fillers

Shop the gift guide:

1. Oh K! Highlighters | 2. Gel Nail Colour in Pirate | 3. Not For You iPhone 6 Case by Skinnydip | 4. Topshop Velvet Makeup Bagsimilar) | 5. Avocado Pod Face Mask | 6. (*The Little Book of Feminism | 7. Topshop Limited Edition Mini lip Bullet Trio | 8. It's Skin Macaron Lip Balm | 9. Happy Plugs Rose Gold Earbud Headphones| 10. Glitter Liner in Mosaic | 11. Release Your Inner Unicorn Cuff | 12. Shell Earrings Multipack | 13. Casio Casual White Digital Watch

Christmas is Coming

It's the 14th of November. Is it too early to start thinking about Christmas? No. Definitely not. The John Lewis advent calendar ad is out, the streets are one by one putting on their festive face, and the shops are brimming with partywear, fairy lights and glitter.

But isn't it too soon to start planning your Christmas shopping? I've been asking that question to myself for the last few days, feeling somewhat guilty for starting to think about the C-word so early. But you know what? Over the years, I've realised that the sooner you start your Christmas preparations, the better and the less stressful. It's quite funny how we've put so much pressure on a period that's supposed to be about relaxing and being with our loved ones. Though I might not be the best at laying my hair down(metaphorically because that's all I do literally), I am certainly looking forward to spending some time with my favourite people, be that watching Elf on telly in our snuggliest pyjamas or drinking wine in a bar downtown (yes, that almost never happens, but you never know! I might turn into Carrie Bradshaw any day now).

Plan Ahead

Since it's so important to me to be able to have fun during the holidays, I know that I need to plan everything beforehand. I swear it works! So I make lists and more lists (hey fellow listaholics!) not only about the things I've got to buy but also the things I want to do or have to do before the rush of Christmas begins. There is nothing I hate more than the crowds of people upon people doing their Christmas shopping last minute. It honestly stresses me out so much that I prefer just to leave and buy something from a local store (which we should all be doing more often tbh,) or online.

Christmas Lists and Gift Guides

So this year, my plan is to start early. Firstly I need to have a rough idea of what I'll get for each person. I'll make a list. Of course, this is where the gift guides come in, a tool I've always found extremely useful. It's always nice to get new ideas and inspiration and find gifts you'd never have thought on your own. From trying to figure out what the bloody hell to buy for your dad to finding a great gift to wow your secret Santa, there's seemingly a gift guide to suit your particular needs. So I thought since I was going to create some of them on my own, why not make them visual and share them on here as well? I thought if you're like me, and Christmas has a way of sneaking up on you each year, you'd benefit from them as much as I do.

Filling your Stocking

First things first, though. We'll soon be decorating our homes and Christmas trees, and there will be stockings that will need some great filling. No not that filling, American friends, but the other kind, the much more exciting kind if I dare say, that is useless and trifling but fun and childish, which for me the essence of Christmas. So grab your stockings and start filling them with any knick-knacks you can find, and of course, you can always DIY some great things if you've got the time (and the patience.) Happy filling!

* I've included "The Little Book of Feminism" that to my understanding includes some basic introductory chapters on feminist theory. It's certainly not just fun or useless, but it's a light way of approaching a challenging and very current subject. I hope I wasn't misunderstood for making it part of this gift guide. I just thought that this is a pretty little book that you can gift someone; a kid, a teenager, or anyone really, that wants to get a basic grasp of what we talk about when we speak of feminism. Hope this clears out my intention.

As always, lots of love (and shopping),
Mary xx

No comments :

Post a Comment

Follow