Partywear

Partywear for the Holiday Season 2016 - www. theblushfulhippocrene.blogspot.com
1. UO - Light Before Dark Liquid T-shirt | 2. Topshop - Biker Jacket | 3. UO - Patent Leather Skirt | 4. Zara - T-shirt with Quilting | 5. Tophshop - Diamante Velvet Blazer | 6. Zara - Band Tee | 7. Zara - Trousers with Sequins | 8. UO - Metallic Bronze Leather Skirt | 9. Zara - Cropped Shiny Trousers | 10. Zara - Metallic Halter Top | 11. Zara - Metallic Cropped Trousers | 12. Topshop - Velvet Shorts | 13. Topshop - Satin Puffer Jacket | 14. Mango - Velvet Platforms | 15. Topshop - Mini Skirt by Unique | 16. UO - Rose Gold Metallic Ankle Boots | 17. Topshop - Sequin Sleeve Sweatshirt | 18. Topshop - Lace Dress | 19. Topshop - Graphic Tee | 20. Zara - Oversized Shirt | 21. UO - Stretchy Gold Ankle Boots |22. Topshop - Wooden Heel Boots | 23. Zara - Sateen Open Back Dress | 24. UO - Silver Foil Cami | 25. Mango - Velvet Dress | 16. UO - Velvet Frill Jumpsuit

It's almost Black Friday and let's face it: damage will be done, bank accounts will be wounded, if only scratched, and vanities will be satisfied. Personally, I know I'll be doing some shopping these two weeks. The holidays are upon us, and I do not only have to buy everyone presents, but also something to wear for the party season. Sure, I might not have anything planned yet. And yes, I'm not that much into partying. But my motto is there's a time and place for everything, and I'm trying to push myself to go out more during this time of year; accept any invitations that might come my way and try to have fun and let go (leeet it gooo, okay I'll stop.)

There's also my birthday coming up and who knows, I might decide to put on my dancing shoes and go partying. Haha, just kidding. If you're like me, then you know how much more pleasurable a low-key celebration can be. I love blowing the candles in front of the telly with my family and gathering my friends for a night of pizza and a nostalgic throwback film. Sometimes, though, I'm worried I'm not taking advantage of my young years to the fullest. If I won't go to the pubs and clubs, when will I? I mean I'm not sure if I want to be suddenly fifty and a party girl. Sure, if it's a conscious choice; I applaud all the women are unapologetic about it. But I doubt that will be my case. Basically what it boils down to is that I don't want to have regrets later in my life about not having enough fun and enjoying my youth while I could. That does not mean, I will be morphing into a party animal. Far from it. Simply, what it means is that I won't be letting my idea of what I like doing and what I don't, stop me from trying new things. Because I can't tell you how many times I have been pleasantly surprised by stepping out of my comfort zone and my preconceptions of things. Let's try to keep an open mind and try to extend it to ourselves, too.

But enough of this introspection. Let's get back to business; that is the party-dressing business. Whatever I end up doing this party season even if I end up staying inside with my friends and a couple too many bottles of wine, I will be wearing something fancy. It gets me in the celebratory mood, and it makes me feel festive, just like wearing a Christmas jumper makes me realise that "Christmas is here for real!!!" However, I'm sure that many of you can relate when I say that partywear has always been tricky for me. Never liking the overly tight or overly short and skimpy dresses, it could feel like searching for a needle in a haystack. I would usually end up wearing a black pair of jeans with a nice top (usually black) that may or may not have had some embellished or sequined detail. And that was it. My imagination was going wild with the possibilities but not wanting to stand out of the crowd I would dress up as inoffensively as possible.

Having confidence and carrying it in what you are wearing is imperative, no matter where you are. And now, I feel like those of us who never really fancied those bodycon dresses of the Kim dynasty, have so many options to choose from. I don't really know who to thank for this current revival of maximalism and polyphony (I do know I've got to thank Gucci for all the velvet suits) but I couldn't be happier about the offerings on partywear this season. There is something for everyone, and I believe that now more than ever, you can wear whatever the f you want without anyone thinking twice. But maybe I'm too positive; maybe the festive decorations are getting in my head. I hope not. I mean look at all the pretty clothes! So, I'm going to let them do the talking and act as proof of what I've been trying to communicate.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Follow