The Tartan Shirt

The Tartan Shirt - www.theblushfulhippocrene.blogspot.com
The Tartan Shirt - www.theblushfulhippocrene.blogspot.com

At the end of last month we took a trip to the mountains. We didn't hike or anything like that. We just drove and parked, walked, marvelled; then drove again, walked and marvelled some more. The weather was crisp but not too cold, and nature was perfectly autumnal.

In my mind, checks and tartan prints are the perfect accompaniment to the mountains. Being the weirdo that I am, I love styling my clothes to match the place where I find myself in. Not only did I have to wear something comfy but something that would go well with my surroundings. Do you do that? I'm sure many of you do, if just subconsciously.

The shirt I chose is from La Redoute, and it's one of those blouses that you can pair with anything, and they will make you look like you've made an effort. It's got a frill running through the front and when buttoned up it can look very smart. And very French, if I might add. Underneath, I was wearing a light knit to keep the chilly air away from my skin. There's nothing worse than having goosebumps all over your body when you're not even that cold. It's important to layer properly when you're away. I'll admit, I had taken with me more clothes than I needed but I wanted to make sure I was prepared for any weather condition. Fortunately, the weather was much more temperate than anticipated, and so I can now share with you the tartan shirt in all its glory.

Speaking of tartan, I spotted a pair of trousers in Topshop which seem like the perfect print for winter and the holidays especially. What do you think? Do you love checks and tartans as much as I do?

The Tartan Shirt - www.theblushfulhippocrene.blogspot.com
The Tartan Shirt - www.theblushfulhippocrene.blogspot.com
...All this tartan talking reminds me I need to continue watching Highlander... Talk to you later!


What I'm Wearing:

Tartan Shirt - La Redoute (old but similar here) | Zara Knit | Pull & Bear Mom Jeans (old but similar here) | Zara Lace Up Boots (old but similar here and here) |


For your next trip to Scotland:

2 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Sophie! The landscape being so pretty definitely helped!

      Mary xx

      Delete

Follow