Pink Stripes

 Pink Flared Sleeves Blouse - White BDG Jeans - White Trainers - Ray Ban Metal Rounds- www.theblushfulhippocrene.blogspot.com
 Pink Flared Sleeves Blouse - White BDG Jeans - White Trainers - Ray Ban Metal Rounds- www.theblushfulhippocrene.blogspot.com
 Pink Flared Sleeves Blouse - White BDG Jeans - White Trainers - Ray Ban Metal Rounds- www.theblushfulhippocrene.blogspot.com
 Pink Flared Sleeves Blouse - White BDG Jeans - White Trainers - Ray Ban Metal Rounds- www.theblushfulhippocrene.blogspot.com

So, this is one of my fave looks as of late. I've been obsessed with anything pink (haven't we all?), and when combined with white it manages to lift my mood no matter what.

I bought this pink and white striped, flared-sleeve blouse on Pull & Bear on a desperate search for something that I could wear in the office and when I need to look a bit smarter. That is the one department in which my wardrobe is found lacking. With the addition of this blouse and the yellow one (also with flared sleeves; noticing a pattern here?), I feel more confident that if the occasion calls I will have something to wear and skip the stressful and rushed shopping run, trying to hunt down a proper yet still fun shirt.

What I love most about this shirt is how easily it fitted into my current wardrobe. I think that's the proof of a great purchase: when you buy something and it's almost as if it was already there, sitting in the depths of your wardrobe, waiting to resurface.

Most often than not, I've been wearing it on casual outings. Visiting the documenta 14 exhibition in EMST (National Museum of Contemporary Art, Athens; if you happen to find yourselves in Athens I urge you to pay a visit. ), going shopping, going out with friends and family. It's proven much more versatile than expected and I love how it can jazz up any outfit with such ease.

Like on this occasion I paired it with my trusty BDG mum jeans that I know are humongous, but I kind of love them for that? Call it man-repelling, but I love the antithesis it creates with the girly pink tones of the blouse. And of course, my footwear of choice were my well-loved Reeboks because if we're being honest, my stupid feet are not on their best form and it's either that or the classic Birkenstocks and believe it or not; I went down the most flattering road.

 Pink Flared Sleeves Blouse - White BDG Jeans - White Trainers - Ray Ban Metal Rounds- www.theblushfulhippocrene.blogspot.com
 Pink Flared Sleeves Blouse - White BDG Jeans - White Trainers - Ray Ban Metal Rounds- www.theblushfulhippocrene.blogspot.com
 Pink Flared Sleeves Blouse - White BDG Jeans - White Trainers - Ray Ban Metal Rounds- www.theblushfulhippocrene.blogspot.com

And kids, never forget to wear your sunglasses.

What's been your favourite item to wear lately? Share in the comments; I'd love to have a nosey!

xx Mary

Belled Sleeve Blouse : Pull & Bear
White Mum Jeans : BDG via Urban Outfitters (similar here)
White Trainers : Reebok Classics
Sunglasses: Ray-Ban
Backpack : Urban Outfitters (old but similar here)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Follow