Summer Whites for Warm Days

Wearing all white, or all cream is something I keep telling myself to do more often, especially living in an all-year-round sunny country. Yet more often than not, I will gravitate towards these cream colours during the hotter months. It's a breath of fresh air when the temperature has reached the 25-degree mark. The combination of different white and cream tones is what elevates what could otherwise be a boring outfit. There's just something so sophisticated about dressing tonally, which proves that the Kardashian clan is on to something. Though, to be frank, I'll stick to my more flowy pieces which are made for summers.

This outfit came together from the bottom up. I just bought these gorgeous mules from Zara, and I just had to take them out for a good spin. That was partly a mistake because I walked more than I was planning to that day and my feet's pinky toes suffered from blisters. I'm not giving up on them, though. They are the most flattering pair of shoes I own. The muted greyish colour makes them so versatile and chic. People seem to have a love-hate relationship with mules, saying they remind them of horses' hooves. Personally, I'm cemented on the firm supporters' camp. I mean, horses got four, miles-long legs, so I'm not sure what the problem is exactly. Joking aside, these shoes are what elevated this outfit. My white jeans are BDG from Urban Outfitters, and I've had them for at least 3 to 4 seasons now. They've never let me down. They're made from proper, rigid, denim, and I can see them lasting for years to come. Only be careful with your red wines. I paired them with a simple beige cami that I've had since I was 15, ordered off of a La Redoute catalogue -as you do. On top, because I was feeling like throwing something over and not because of the weather but because I wanted to add an extra element to the outfit, I added a cream vintage blouse that I bought many years ago. I think it jazzed up the outfit, giving it a maximalism spin. Of course, it ended up tied around my hips, but hey-ho, when the cameras close, shit gets real.

xx Mary

Cream Blouse: Vintage | Cami Top: La Redoute (similar) | White Jeans: BDG (similar)| Mules: Zara |

1 comment :

  1. This summer fashion trend is too cool. Thanx for the sharing with us. its really amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Follow