The Best High-End Stuff to Buy This Summer

summer wishlist | high-end | luxury | dresses |denim shorts | swimsuits | blouse | sunglasses |the reformation | realisation par | cult gaia ark bag | castaner espadrilles | mara hoffman | marysia |acne studios | innika choo | pierre hardy | theodora warre | www.theblushfulhippocrene.blogspot.com

Left to right, top to bottom: Cult Gaia Large Ark Bag | ALEXACHUNG - Printed Cotton-jersey T-shirt | Nanushka Cream Weave Dress | Mara Hoffman Printed Bikini | The Reformation - The Pepper Linen Dress (in white) | Innika Choo Lemon Smock Top | Re/done The Short | Acne studios Round Sunglasses | Ancinet Greek Sandals Sliders | Marysia Lace-up Scalloped White Swimsuit | Realisation Par - The Valentina Purple Haze | Castaner Carina Fringed Wedge Espadrille | Theodora Warre Gold-Plated Hoops | Pierre Hardy Bucket Bag |

Happy Sunday you guys! I hope you're having a good one.
As I'm writing this, it's raining, and it's hot, which is never a good combo. All this week we've had gorgeous weather, and then on Sunday, it decided to start pissing down. Typical. Can you tell I've been a bit more cynical than usual, lately? I don't know where this pessimism came from, but I can't seem to be able to exorcise it.

What I've found helps, is some good ol' recreational shopping. Online of course. Okay, I have to admit, all the items above are on my dream wishlist. These are the things I'd buy in a heartbeat if I weren't on a student budget. Although, TBF, I have been saving up and I'm really considering getting my hands on either a Reformation or a Realisation dress. I have it all justified, don't worry. They're good quality; they will last me for at least five years if I'm careful and they're timeless. I don't know about you, but during the summers I mostly stick to the same wardrobe: summer dresses, denim shorts, little sunny tops, comfy sandals, big sunglasses, one or two bikinis, and that's pretty much it. So, with that in mind, I think it's actually quite reasonable to buy things that you know you're going to love and wear for years to come, instead of constantly buying cheap and trend-based pieces. They, of course, are great too, but in moderation. As I'm growing up, I realise I want to create a core wardrobe that will last me; with timeless pieces that I will cherish forever. Take that pair of espadrilles for example. The espadrille is such a summer staple, and it goes with everything in your summer wardrobe. Especially if you buy it in a basic colour, thus ensuring supreme wearability. Or, that dreamy white swimsuit. Now, I know that's a lot of pennies spent on a swimsuit, but the quality from what I know is top-notch, the style timeless and it can double up as a summer top. Perfect to wear with a pair of denim shorts and perhaps a kimono for when it gets chilly.

These are my excuses for this wishlist. To be honest, most times when browsing luxury online shops, it's mostly for inspiration. But there are some of the more affordable pieces that I seriously consider buying. The two dresses are on the top of my list, but I wonder which one will win. If you've got any advice, or if you've tried anything from The Reformation or Realisation, let me know your thoughts!

So I hope you'll bare with me as I try to get over this funk. Virtual shopping does help, but only to a certain extent. On my end, I'll be trying to post as regularly as I can, but I never want to post something, just to post it and sacrifice the quality. This has always been my mindset, and although I try to be consistent (from time to time), right now I have a lot on my plate, aka brain, and I would hate it if that compromised my content on here. I hope at least some of what I'm saying makes sense.

Thank you for being so understanding. Lots of love and kisses!

Until, next time,
Mary xx

More drool-worthy, high-end summer options

No comments :

Post a Comment

Follow